29.10.11

THE BOLLO HOUSE, CHISWICK

I have been meaning to write a post about my taste card, but normally get so carried away with eating when I go out with my card that I totally forget to take any photos/try to remember detail! But I recently discovered our local gastro pub was on the 50% off food taste card list, and today went for lunch with a girlfriend there. It was great, and I'll definitely be going back soon.

The Bollo is found on Bollo Lane, close to Chiswick Park tube station. It is a typical converted gastro pub with solid wood interiors and it's fair share of young families (most notable was a table of 5 adults with 5 children under the age of 1). However, thanks to the good manners of all such young children, we didn't feel like we'd gatecrashed a creche!





It is always easy, knowing that you have 50% off your food bill, to indulge on the alcohol choices, and that we did, picking a very nice bottle of white (around £20 per bottle) and devouring two bottles between the 2 of us over the couple of hours we were there.

We ordered a starter of calamari and garlic mayo to share, and were presented with delicious, tender and lightly battered squid rings and a homemade garlic mayo that had the consistency of horseradish sauce. I could've had a whole serving of these for myself.

After a long break for sunny cigarettes outside we ordered our main courses - my friend ordered fillet of sea bass with chips (I always actually want a whole sea bass if I am going to order it in a restaurant), and after being told the lamb shank cooked in red wine, with red cabbage and potato, was unavailable, I plumped for proscuitto wrapped guinea fowl with red cabbage, mashed potato and mushroom jus, and what a good choice it was!! Delicious!!


Guinea fowl can often be dry and a little tasteless but The Bollo's was moist and full of flavour, complimented and protected by the salty proscuito, and amazing mushroom jus, laden with chanterelle mushrooms.

I really enjoyed eating at The Bollo on a late sunny Saturday afternoon and will be back over the winter for Sunday lunches. The food was great and the service attentive but relaxed. A brilliant choice for a chilled weekend meal.

If you have a taste card, call ahead to book. And for information visit http://www.thebollohouse.co.uk/
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© a little lusciousness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig